I’m going to start doing a weekly wrap-up. There may be things that happen that don’t merit an entire post in and of themselves, so this will be a good way to cover them.
- We’re still waiting for the deposit on the house we used to rent to be returned to us. The 45 days allotted in the lease expired on Friday, but since the movers broke one of the light poles next to the driveway, we probably won’t get it back until that is fixed. Which is annoying, but understandable. The moving company is supposed to be handling all that, but they seem to require regular poking with a stick in order to motivate them to get things done.
- Our 16th anniversary was Friday. Hard to believe that the hubby and I have been married that long. Where does the time go? We went out to dinner at a local restaurant Saturday night. I managed to restrain myself from eating everything on their very delicious menu.
- We’re still trying to get the new house in order. It’s coming together, but the whole process just seems to take forever. I’ve thrown away a bunch of stuff. I don’t know why we’ve been carting it from house to house all this time, to be honest.
- They’re finally coming to repair our shower tomorrow. I’m so thrilled about this, you have no idea. I’m so sick of having to keep plastic wrap taped over the worst spots just to cut down on the leaking.
- Today is Father’s Day. Today is also my mom’s birthday and one of my best friends’ wedding anniversary.
- Started using a new website called Happier. My friend Julie invited me to try it. Basically, you’re supposed to try to post something every day that made you happy, which in turn will brighten your outlook on life. I’m suspicious, but I’ll give it a try.
- My brother finally landed another job. I’ve got a feeling this one will go the way of all the others, but I’ll try to be optimistic.
- Tweetdeck has done away with the Facebook update function. They’re planning to do away with the desktop and phone apps entirely and go to an entirely web based platform. I deleted Tweetdeck because I like being able to see Twitter and Facebook on the same page. I’m now trying out the Chrome extension of Hootsuite. I already like it better because I can add my WordPress Reader feed to it, in addition to Twitter and Facebook.
That’s about all that’s happened this week. Maybe next week will be more interesting.