There’s no way I could name just one thing. So here’s a list, in no particular order:
- Stupid people. Especially the ones who think they’re smart when they so are NOT.
- Dogs running loose. Because not everyone enjoys being chased/jumped on by your dog. If you don’t have a fenced yard, why do you even have a dog? I hate people who care so little about not only their dog, but other people.
- Rude people. This one is pretty much self-explanatory.
- Idiotic product reviews that don’t address why you didn’t like the product. Seriously, tell me what’s wrong with it. Don’t post some stupid review that the item never showed up or was the wrong color or some such nonsense. That’s seller feedback, not a product review. Two totally different things.
- Street maintenance workers who tear up a street intending to repave it, only instead they leave it torn up for months. Meanwhile, the condition of the road is deteriorating. The road in front of the public library in town has been torn up for months and it’s just getting worse. No amount of complaining to the road maintenance people does any good, as the road is still a mess.
- Anyone who can’t follow simple instructions. I’ve quit a couple of different dry cleaners because they couldn’t seem to grasp the meaning of heavy starch. When I tell you I want the items starched to the point where they will stand up on their own, don’t do light starch and think I’m not going to notice. I will make you redo the items until they’re done right. So you’re costing yourself money by not doing it right the first time. Get your shit together, people.
- People who resort to name-calling and acting like other people’s opinions are stupid just because they don’t agree with theirs. And when you do it in a group that I maintain and you’re being snide to me with regards to comments I made? You can bet your ass I’m going to call you out in front of everyone. I don’t play that shit and I will not tolerate it.
- Drivers who think that a lane closure doesn’t apply to them. We’ve all experienced this. You’re driving down the interstate and you see a sign that says “Right Lane Closed Ahead”. So you get over into the left lane, because you don’t want to wait until the last minute. Meanwhile, the other drivers in the right lane ignore this logic and continue on in the right lane like the lane closure doesn’t apply to them. They wait until the last minute, then try to shoehorn their way into the left lane. It’s freaking rude and impedes the flow of traffic. If you can’t pay attention to the road and the traffic signs/signals, then you don’t need to be driving. And stop cutting me off just because you weren’t paying attention to the four “Lane Closed Ahead” signs we passed!
- Mail from organizations addressed to Mr. Courtney [My Last Name] instead of Mrs. or Ms. If you don’t know the sex of the person you’re sending something to, err on the side of caution and don’t put a honorific on it. It’s a minor thing, but it bugs me. If you send me something addressing me as “Mister”, I’m going to chuck it in the trash.
These are a few of the things that bug me. What are some of yours?